1920 Rolls Royce Armored Car

Started by DaveS, Mon 09/24/12 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee_K

That looks great, David.  I love seeing models of subjects that you don't see every day and this certainly qualifies.

Lee K

DaveS

To be honest, the whole thing, but don't shy away.  Like I said it has a very nice engine you will never see other than the oil pan.  The instructions are not clear about parts placement.  The armored body is made of 5 or 6 parts off glued at angles.  The turret was 5 parts.  I am happy I built it.  I think it was an neat, different, brave subject for Roden to offer. The nice thing about this kit is the turret choices.  A Boys .55cal AT rifle was an option to add to the right of the Vicker's gun.  The Lewis gun also has a different mounting option.

David

Ryan K

David,

Again another nice build. Was certain parts only a pain or the whole thing? I have one w/the Black Dog resin set.

Bill L2

Great job Dave. I really like that model.

DaveS

This is Roden's 1/35 kits of the 1920 Rolls Royce armored car.  They served all a cross the Empire, especially Ireland and Palestne.  These cars were also active against the Italians in North Africa. This was not a easy build.  The kits did have a lot of details like a full engine that you can't see.  some details were very good, but others too simple. In the end it turned out pretty well, and its a neat subject.

David S