M2 Bradley

Started by JonE, Mon 12/03/12 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt C

Awesome job! It's a cool looking bit of armor, the wash really sets it off.

I remember building some 1/35 Desert Storm troops (along with an abysmal M1A1) in high school, the chocolate chip uniforms were so tough to get looking "right".  I think they would have been fist sized in 1:1!

Bill L2

Very nice BFV Jon.

Ronv

Nicely done! For a recruiter hummmm, Jon you joining up again??
ronV

Anthony Leger

Hi Jon,

Very Nice looking. Makes me think of the one I built for the Scout leader in our troop with the NC National Guard who did a tour in Iraq that started in a Bradley then shifted to lead convoys from a Hummvee

Tony

Ryan K

Lee_K

Very nice, Jon.

Lee K

JonE

Attached is an M2 Bradley that I built for a recruiter in Cary. He was with the 3rd Inf Div Troop B 3-7 CAV. Small world, on November 16 two boxes of kits and supplies were sent to FOB Kunduz, HHT 3-7 CAV.

This is the 1991 updated/reboxed Tamiya kit to a 2003 Iraqi Freedom version. Close, but no cigar... good enough for a desk, not a contest. Built straight from the box with the only addition being the second crewmember from the spares box. Of course, painted rattle can, with brown ink pin washes around the bolt heads. I created my own bumper numbers in Illustrator and output. Figures were painted in OD coveralls worn by crews and assistant gunner has on Kevlar with "chocolate chip" pattern.