Started by Ronnie Murray, Sun 02/24/13 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

Lee_K

Another brilliant creation, Ronnie!

Lee K

Ronv

DaveS

Very cool. You have wowed us again Ronnie.

David S

Anthony Leger

You get the award for creativity my man nicely done :)

Bill L2

That is amazing Ronnie. You have made box art an art! I always enjoy looking at your creations. By the way I have one of your box art covers in the decal binder. It must have made its way in there at one of the meetings.

Ronnie Murray

try a few more angles and don't forget to make the engine noises with your mouth....

Ronnie Murray

Most of you know I"m a big fan of dioramas and like to add my own personal way of representing them.   I like getting the feel of flight whenever and however possible.  Some of the best inspirations for that feel is the box-art you get with many model kits.  Another great source is aviation art like that of Robert Taylor.  Each of his paintings tell a story of seem to put you right there in the action.  My goal is to try some things that I've never seen any other modeler do to bring that into some of my newer projects.  This one is just a quickie, low budget effort to get the idea of how to do it on a larger or more in depth scale.  Here, I took a1/48 Otaki Ki-61 kit that I built about 15 years ago.  The prop, spinner and landing gear were done to simulate flight mode.  the F6F-5 is a 1/144 scale kit done the same way.  The background is from a calendar and the box is a shadow box I bought at Michaels.  The most frustrating part is dealing with the shadow of the models on the background but it's the best I can do for now.  I may try a few more like this in the future with motors, lights and other special effects as you've seen me do in the past.