Wallis WA-116 Autogyro

Started by JonE, Fri 11/08/13 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Leger

Nice build in this version vs the James Bond. Detail was exquisite :)

Bill L.

Very cool!!  Great 'outside of the box' thinking!

Bill L.

Bill L2

Quote from: Spanky on Sun 11/10/13 09:50 AM
Right you are Ron!!!! Fine job Jon!!! ES was well represented at Fayetteville yesterday and won quite a few awards with Bill L2 winning best of show with his Fw-190D-9 and getting the Red Starling award for his JS-2.That's real vodka in that bottle Bill but I don't recommend drinking it as it is supposed to taste like kerosene.
spanky

To late Spanky. It tasted like dirty water from the Volga! Just funnin. It was a fun show and Jon's chopper was amazing. I was honored to win best of show with the dora and best Russian subject with the JS tank. My thanks to the club for sharing all of their tips and techniques over the last five years with me to bring me up to your level. Bill

Matt C

Great build Jon!  Some awesome details on it.  Congratulations again on the win!

Spanky

Right you are Ron!!!! Fine job Jon!!! ES was well represented at Fayetteville yesterday and won quite a few awards with Bill L2 winning best of show with his Fw-190D-9 and getting the Red Starling award for his JS-2.That's real vodka in that bottle Bill but I don't recommend drinking it as it is supposed to taste like kerosene.
spanky

Ronv

Jon also won first place in helicopters on saturday! It looks even better in person.
RonV

Ronnie Murray

Jon, it looks great!!  I"m floored and it's the only kit like that I've ever seen completed.  Congrats!!

Ryan K

JonE

Well, well, well, look who finished a model this year...

I picked up this lovely Airfix treasure for $15 for the subject matter, James Bond's Little Nellie or as it turned out, the British Army Wallis WA-116 Autogyro. The Bond version had too many issues so British Army it is! Built as seen at the Army Trials, Middle Wallop, 1963.

I "wired" it and grabbed a 1/24 scale Brit tanker from an old Tamiya Centurian I have on my shelf. He got some repositioning and putty but fit surprisingly well. Added wires for his headset and a set of seat belts from Edward.