Piedmont 737-200 finished!

Started by BenB, Sun 07/19/09 12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie Murray

Beautiful work as usual Ben...I"m impressed!!  So, where did you mount the mini-guns? 

BenB

Thanks, guys! Alclad works pretty well, but I had some interesting problems with my other 737 I painted at the same time. This one was primed with Tamiya white primer, and the -400 was primed with their grey primer, then polished and washed off with water. The Alclad went down nice and smooth on the white, but pebbly on the grey. From now on, Alclad only goes on Tamiya white primer. I've been thinking I'd just move on to Floquil Old Silver, since William always gets good results and I like the way it looked on my F-100 intake. I'm also going to experiment with Alclad over Tamiya gloss black lacquer (not acrylic).

Ben

Bill L.

Like Bill L2 , I'm working my skills up so I can do some NMF on a 1/48 B-58A Hustler.... very scary!!!

Bill L.

Bill L2

That came out real nice Ben. I like the Alclad finish. You did a great job. I want to do a NMF build with Alclad. I want to do a Korean War era P-51 or a Mig 21. I want to use Alclad but I will pratice on some scrap plastic first. I have yet to do a NMF so I am looking forward to it. I hope mine comes out as well as yours did.

Lee_K

Another Ben Brown airliner masterpiece!

Lee K

BenB

Here's my Piedmont 737-200 converted from a Daco 737-300, with engines from Authentic Airliners. I still need to go back and dirty it up a little with some pastels, but it's going in the display case until I get the time to do it. Now, back to the Hunzilla....

Ben