Hasegawa 1/32 scale P-47D Thunderbolt

Started by Lee_K, Wed 04/01/15 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Wow! That is really nice Lee. Great job on the big Jug. Such an amazing aircraft. You really do some amazing NMF builds.

Ronv

Looks "Big n Bad"! Nicely done Lee!
RonV
The West must be agreeing with you.

Lee_K

NormSon

Lee, glad to see you're still building to your exceptional standards. Nice job.
Norm S.

JonE

Absolutely beautiful Lee. Hats off to you for another finish.

Lee_K

Thanks for the kind words, R and R!  My collection of built models increased by 33% with this completion.  :)

Lee L

Ronnie Murray

Looks really good Lee...colorful and BIG!!  Congrats on another fine model for your new collection.  I bet it looks good as a center piece up there with the F-18 and Catalina. 

Ryan K

You sure make big silver aircraft look easy. Congrats on making another great looking build.

Lee_K

The P-47 has always been my favorite World War II fighter and I dreamed for decades of a new tool kit in 1/32 scale to replace the ancient Revell offering.  Hasegawa answered my prayers in 2007 by releasing this excellent kit and I ordered it immediately.  So what did I do with it?  It sat in my stash for eight years before I screwed up the courage to build it.  This is the completed project with BarracudaCals markings for a 406th Fighter Group Thunderbolt based in Belgium in 1945.  The only aftermarket items I added were an Eduard seat harness and BarracudaCast resin wheels, which are just beautiful and I wish they were around when I built the Trumpeter Razorback a few years back.  This aircraft was pretty weathered and sported a Curtiss Electric asymmetrical paddle blade propeller, which I had leftover from the Trumpeter kit.  The only real challenge was getting the flat belly tank to attach to the underside of the fuselage in alignment with the fragile anti-sway braces.  That took three attempts and I destroyed the kit pieces in the process, so new ones were fashioned from sheet styrene.  Alclad aluminum used overall with Testors acrylics for the rest of the painting.

Lee K