MPC SEPECAT Jaguar GR1

Started by Bill L., Tue 03/10/15 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Leger

Hi Bill,

Nice looking Jag GR1 as the others have said. I've got the Hasegawa kit  which looks pretty nice as a build. I got to see a GR1 at an Ottawa Airshow years back where it likely flew down from Labrador where NATO did low level practice flight we often got German and Italian Tornado's too.

Tony

Bill L2

Great job Bill on the Jaguar. That is a really nice model. Quite a collection you got there.

Bill L.

On a note about the Pegasus on the side of the Jaguar:

There was another decal underneath that scotch tape could not remove.  So instead of jeopardizing the paint I decaled over it..... hence the silvering :(

When its on the shelf, you tend not to notice it.

Bill L.

Bill L.

I did not build this model, nor the F7F-1 Tiger(Blue Angel), nor the B.A.E. Hawk. (along with a Cutlass, various MIG's, Fury, and a Voodoo)

All of these were actually 'already built' kits that I got from Cliff a few years ago.  I have been using them as painting "targets", testing my canopy masking and free hand camo's, to (hopefully) get better with my air brush.  I am not investing time into seam clean up, so you will see seams that could have been blended or corrected. Currently they are in various stages of 'finish'.

I thought Cliff would appreciate seeing them finished.

Ryan K

Quote from: Lee_K on Tue 03/10/15 09:31 AM
Congratulations on a finished build, Bill.  It came out well.

+1

Lee_K

Interesting to note that the Jaguar could carry a bigger bomb load farther and with 1/10th the crew than the B-24 behind it.

Congratulations on a finished build, Bill.  It came out well.

Lee K

Bill L.

Another view.

Bill L.

Bill L.

I finally came across some Brit decals that I was able to apply to my 1/72 'Cat' so I could wrap it up. Camo was painted free-hand.

Bill L.