F430 Road Rocket

Started by Bob S, Tue 10/13/15 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Quote from: Bob S on Tue 10/13/15 07:57 PM
Thank you sir!  ...do folks address you as "Mr. L2"?

LOL. You just call me Bill. That's fine. There are a few Bills in the club and two Bills who have the letter L as the first letter in their last name. So Bill L was already taken so I took Bill L2.

Bob S

Yeah Ron, that's the underlayment that was so brittle.

Ronv

I really like the blue and white fading into each other. How did you do that?
RonV

Bob S

Thank you sir!  ...do folks address you as "Mr. L2"?

Bill L2

Fantastic model Bob. Great job.

Ryan K

Folks usually bring no more then 5 kits a meeting but if your building more, no one is going to stop you. It is about what you want to carry in. December meeting is when we bring in our yearly built kits. November is going to be a swap sale this year.

Bob S

Thank you Ryan - I have no idea what to bring yet. Just on average, how many different subjects does each member bring to a meeting?
I think I read that in November, we're supposed to bring everything we've finished in the last year - is that right?

Ryan K

That is very nice. You going to bring that to the Nov meeting?

Bob S

This was a decal layering project more than anything – the model is from Fujimi, and the parts fit was excellent and went together with no issues at all.
The stance was perfect right out of the box with no tweaking needed. Body colors are Tamiya Pure White, Semi Gloss Black, and German Grey.

The decals are from KA Models, and my example was very brittle for the blue-violet underlayment, which was the first layer. It pretty much broke apart in pieces,
and had to be fixed back together like a puzzle.

It was a beast to work with, but I really wanted to model the car in the PickPoint livery, so I put up with the hassle. Three applications of setting solution were needed. The last two layers slid into place beautifully, and when all was dry enough, I gave her a good coat of Meguire's paste wax to seal the deal.

I'm callin' this one done.