Hasegawa BF 109 K4 1/32ND

Started by Bill L2, Fri 10/16/15 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Quote from: Bill L. on Sun 10/25/15 10:15 AM
Looks great Bill! Another smashing success!

What are the raised panels on the top in-board wing used for? Never noticed them on a 109 before?

Thanks
Bill L.

Thanks Bill. The raised panels on the upper wing where installed to accommodate a larger tire on the K4.

lgriffin

Bill L.

Looks great Bill! Another smashing success!

What are the raised panels on the top in-board wing used for? Never noticed them on a 109 before?

Thanks
Bill L.

Bill L2

Quote from: Ronnie Murray on Sat 10/17/15 04:30 PM
Wow Bill!  I have to say that really looks great!  It could pass for a real one.  I have to admit that even though I have about 8 109's sitting on the shelf yours makes them all look bad.  Glad to see you're back in the saddle and popping out top quality kits.  I look forward to seeing it in person at the next meeting that you attend.

Thanks for the input guys. I am building the Hasegawa 1/32nd N1K2 right now Ronnie and hopefully I can get the model done before the next meeting. It is a very nice kit. Hasegawa is also releasing a new tool 1/32 Zero!

Spanky

Ronv

Really nice Bill! Cannot wait to see it in person.
RonV

Ronnie Murray

Wow Bill!  I have to say that really looks great!  It could pass for a real one.  I have to admit that even though I have about 8 109's sitting on the shelf yours makes them all look bad.  Glad to see you're back in the saddle and popping out top quality kits.  I look forward to seeing it in person at the next meeting that you attend.

Bill L2

Thanks for the comments. It was a nice kit to build. I am working on the Hasegawa 1/32nd N1K2 right now and it is a very nice kit to build so far.

Bob S

WOW!  what a beauty that is.

Lee_K

That looks just smashing, Bill!  There's something about a nicely built 109 that says, "I've arrived as a serious modeler".  This one is very sharp.

Lee K

lgriffin

Bill L2

This is the Hasegawa 1/32nd BF 109 K4. Overall a very nice kit to build. Not a lot of fit issues. I actually followed the kit directions this time in regards to fitting the wings to the fuselage. I normally have a hard time getting the fit right in this area with the Hasegawa 109 and 190 kits. I finished the model with Model Master acrylic and Vallejo Air acrylic paints. I really like the Vallejo Air paints. They go on very smooth and are pretty forgiving. I used Eagle Edition decals sheet # 63. Weathering was done with some very minor shading with the airbrush. The exhaust stains were done with a mix of Tamiya flat black and flat brown built up with the airbrush along the side of the fuselage and exhaust stacks. I also used Verlinden Luftwaffe seat harness set.