Otaki P-47 razorback (Hun Hunter XIV)

Started by Ronnie Murray, Sat 10/17/15 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgriffin

Bill L.

Way to go Ronnie. Looks like a P-47 to me!  FAB!

Bill L.

Spanky

Nice looking jug Ronnie. I always liked some of those old Otaki kits especially the jug,hellcat and P-40.
spanky

Bill L2

Very nice job Ronnie. I really like those markings. I want to build a Razorback in the "Jabo" markings.

Ronv

Wow looks good Ronnie! Nice silver finish.
RonV

Ronnie Murray

Thanks guys, hey Bob S. the base coat is plain ol' Krylon Colormaster Silver...straight off the shelf at Walmart.  I'm saving my Alclad for a better quality kit and this just makes it so easy.  No airbrush cleaning and it dries in about 15 minutes.  Lee, you're right.  I still have about 8 more of the Otaki and Monogram P-47's then 1 Tamiya and 1 Hasegawa.  I usually practice on the lesser kits and save the better ones for special projects.  This one should not be viewed up close but any way you look at it, another one bites the dust.

Bob S

NICE.   Is your base coat Bare Metal Silver?  If so, do you have good luck wet-sanding silver?   

Lee_K

Way to go, Ronnie!  That is a classic subject and it's always great to see a P-47.  One day you'll use up those old Monogram, Otaki, and Hawk kits in your collection and then be able to enjoy the newer releases.  Until then, Thunderbolts are go!

Lee K

Ronnie Murray

Last two images.

Ronnie Murray

I've always wanted to add the bazooka tubes, bombs and an extra tank to a Thunderbolt for that look of "maximum firepower".

Ronnie Murray

After more than a few years of sitting on the shelf of doom, I decided to bail this one out and drag it across the finish line.  The inspiration came from the movie "Thunderbolt" that Im sure most of you have seen.  The overall finish is rattle can enamel.  I like the Otaki kit but some of the parts fall short of adequate detail.  The Tamiya kit is absolutely the best choice and I kind of wish I had used it for this project.