Italeri 1/48 Westland Wessex

Started by Spanky, Mon 10/19/15 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronv

Spanky was on a roll to win both first and second places!! It was a tough competition field at the contest and yes Larry's H34 is really nice.
RonV

Spanky

Thanks Ronnie,I appreciate it.Whirly birds are fun you ought to try one.

Hey I see your buddy Mark down at the Rolesville diner every now and then.
spanky

Ronnie Murray

Glad to see you're still building kits Spanky, this one looks up to your typical high standards.

Spanky

Mucho gracias Bill,I appreciate it. Choppers are fun.
spanky

Bill L2

Fantastic model Spanky. Looks great.

Spanky

Thanks Lee,I appreciate it,BTW your Spits look great.I got to tell you,I haven't cranked out models like this in a loooong time. Two models in little over a three month period.These choppers are fun but I don't know how long the fun will continue as I am commencing work on a 1/48 Special Hobby H-21 flying banana in
a natural metal paint job;French army in Algiers 1956.
spanky

Spanky

Thanks Ryan. I used .003 EZ line,good stuff.
spanky

Lee_K

Brilliant as usual, Spanky.  I'm sorry I'm not there to see it in person.

Lee K

Ryan K

Both kits sure do look nice. What did you use for the antenna wire?

Spanky

The last picture is to celebrate the autumn season.That's what I was telling the guys at Salisbury on Saturday.Yep,me just being weird. My autumn collection swept the chopper category but I think Larry Masons H-34 should have won something.
spanky

Spanky

Here are some pics of my completed 1/48 Westland Wessex by Italeri. I have no real complaints about this kit except the landing gear are very fragile and ended breaking on me so I had to get a set of SAC cast metal gear. The kits tires look way to flat so I got a set of the excellent Royale Resin wheels,highly recommended.
Eduard photo etch in the cockpit and painted with Model Master Chrome yellow.
Big time fun.
spanky