Otaki P-47D razorback round 2

Started by Ronnie Murray, Sun 11/08/15 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronv

Ryan K

Ronnie Murray

It does feel good to finally get another kit off the shelf of doom and I've always like the olive drab over neutral grey paint scheme and I really like the nose art.  Plus, this aircraft was part of the 4th fighter group and Duane Beason started out with the Eagle Squadron.  He was one of the top scoring aces until he was shot down and spent time in a POW camp.

Ronnie Murray

One thing that helped get this one across the finish line quickly was the assembly line I did years on my P-47 kits years ago.  I took several kits and painted all the engines, wheels, props and instrument panels at once.  Now when I break out a Thunderbolt kit it gives me a shortcut to the finish line. 

Ronnie Murray

I did a very basic build in this case and to be honest, I just wanted to call it done.  I like the Otaki kit but having done two back to back I don't want to do them anymore.  They are a good starter kit but after comparing it to the Tamiya, Hasegawa and Academy Jugs it shows how much better the later kits are. 

Ronnie Murray

I'm trying to clear out some projects I started several years ago and have completed another Otaki P-47.  I used a very old set of Aeromaster decals to represent the aircraft of Duane Beason.