Peugeot 206 Monte Carlo Rally

Started by Bob S, Wed 11/18/15 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Man that is sharp. Great looking model. One thing I noticed was the wheels. How did you get those rims to look so sharp.

Ryan K

Quote from: Bob S on Wed 11/18/15 07:17 PM
Hey Ryan - rally cars are about the only chance I have to practice my weathering skills - but I wanted to keep this one tidy...at least for now..

I get that Bob, you should always build to your liking unless of course it's a commission build then they should pull the strings.

Bob S

Hey Ryan - rally cars are about the only chance I have to practice my weathering skills - but I wanted to keep this one tidy...at least for now..

Ryan K

Bob S

This is a Tamiya kit of the Peugeot 206 Rally car with driver and co-driver figures. Kit is based on the successful 206 with a very reliable
2 liter, 4-cylinder 16-valve engine that proved it's worth many times over.

I used Tamiya Silver Leaf spray for the body color, and polish-rubbed it down before adding the excellent (but thick) decals.

The driver figures were painted in team colors and decaled, then sprayed with a satin clear, and their helmets were sprayed in high-gloss clear.

Co-driver is holding a spiral-bound notebook with directions that were hand-written and reduced on the copy machine at work, then pasted in with white glue.

Antennas were made with .020 silver wire from Michaels Craft store, with boots from parts-box black rubber tubing.

Roll-Bars were painted with a mix of Tamiya Light Gunmetal and Flat white, then buffed out with a Dremel polisher.

Model Master Titanium Metallizer was used for the monster brakes, then washed with Floquil Tire Black.

Car is depicted from the START of the race --- clean!