Ferrari 512 Le Mans

Started by Bob S, Thu 11/19/15 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob S

Yeah Ron, I reckon I'm in the 20+ category for finished work.....I can't help myself.....I need an intervention!

Ronv

I mean some people do 1 model a year, most do around 5 models a year, and then there are some who do 20+ a year. I usually have about 5 to 6 models all going at the same time of all different subjects (aircraft to figures I will try them all). Some are finished and some get shelved because of one issue or another. Some turn out really well and some are trash can models. So I was just wondering how many you do a year because all of them look really good.
RonV

Bob S

"A.M.S."   HA !    ...is there a cure?

Bill L2

Quote from: Bob S on Thu 11/19/15 09:41 PM
Hey Ron -  Partly because I have a short attention span, I start 4 or 5 projects at once, and move from one sub-assembly
to another to keep my interest up, plus-- while paint is drying over there, I'm making seatbelts over here.  This way, I always have something else to do.

I like having a lot to do I reckon...

When you ask how many, did you mean posts?

Bob you suffer from AMS "Advanced modeler syndrome." Also always beware of "kit hoarding" or "the stash."

Fantastic models!

Ronnie Murray

I am not a car model builder but I can appreciate what I see...very impressive finish and detail.

Bob S

Hey Ron -  Partly because I have a short attention span, I start 4 or 5 projects at once, and move from one sub-assembly
to another to keep my interest up, plus-- while paint is drying over there, I'm making seatbelts over here.  This way, I always have something else to do.

I like having a lot to do I reckon...

When you ask how many, did you mean posts? 

Ronv

All I can say is that all of your recent posts are very well done! How many do you do a year?
RonV

Bob S

This is the Heller 1/24 kit of the Ferrari 512.  The 5.0 liter, V12 engine scalded the tracks up until 1970. Drivers complained that the car was as hot as a brick oven,
and deafening loud, but MAN she rolled like a banshee....like having a rocket strapped to your hiney! Extra wide tires in the rear helped keep this beast on the road.

Some folks talk trash about this Heller kit, but considering it's age, I didn't have any real problems with it to speak of.
With a few extras added in, it makes a striking display!

I did throw out the under-sized kit tires though, and replaced with aluminum rims and wider rubber tires from a Profil24 GT40.

P/E window rivets are from Scale Motorsport (very nice - they're on a rubber backing!)

Paint is Tamiya Pure White and Bright Red - polished and waxed, no clear coat on this one.

The original decals were very old, and didn't take kindly to getting wet, so I got new decals from Studio 27, and they are EXCELLENT, much like Cartograf.