Mangled Kit from the Postal Service - FINISHED !

Started by Bob S, Fri 11/20/15 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

One of my all time favorite Indy cars!  Beautiful work.

If you're ashamed of it, I'd be happy to garage it for you on my shelf!! :)

Now Where's the 6-wheel ELF car??

Bill L.

Ryan K

Bill L2

Quote from: Bob S on Fri 11/20/15 08:40 PM
My beautiful Hasegawa version of the Lotus JPS arrived thoroughly MANGLED courtesy of the US Postal Service....and the kicker is, the mail lady that handed it to me didn't seem to be embarrassed about it!

But I PREVAILED (kinda)-- I heated the twisted sprues in a stew pot of warm water, and then taped them flat on cardboard and put them in the freezer.  It didn't work perfectly, but at least enough for me to build the beauty in spite of everything.

I used some bread ties to cinch it down at opposite ends on a clear base, which still bugs me when I look at it! --

Good help is hard to find!

You did a great job Bob. Nice work.

Ronv

Looks great! You could always super glue it to the base?
RonV

Bob S

My beautiful Hasegawa version of the Lotus JPS arrived thoroughly MANGLED courtesy of the US Postal Service....and the kicker is, the mail lady that handed it to me didn't seem to be embarrassed about it!

But I PREVAILED (kinda)-- I heated the twisted sprues in a stew pot of warm water, and then taped them flat on cardboard and put them in the freezer.  It didn't work perfectly, but at least enough for me to build the beauty in spite of everything.

I used some bread ties to cinch it down at opposite ends on a clear base, which still bugs me when I look at it! --