McDonnell-Douglas F4J Phantom II

Started by Bob S, Wed 11/25/15 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herk

Quote from: Herk on Fri 12/04/15 07:06 PM
Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 02:12 PM
Herk - I would LOVE to make my own decals. Do you know how? -- can you teach me how?  Does it require graphics software? (if so, may have to wait)

Also, is it OK for me to ask about making decals in this post, or do I ask the question in the General Discussion category?

I don't want to break any club rules, especially here in my probation period.
Bob,
I have VERY little experience in decal making, but will be glad to impart what I know - we can talk at the next club meeting.
Regards
Bob,
after looking more closely at your photos, I think this photo is more what you are looking for:
Semper FI Marine!

Herk

Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 02:12 PM
Herk - I would LOVE to make my own decals. Do you know how? -- can you teach me how?  Does it require graphics software? (if so, may have to wait)

Also, is it OK for me to ask about making decals in this post, or do I ask the question in the General Discussion category?

Bob,
I have VERY little experience in decal making, but will be glad to impart what I know - we can talk at the next club meeting.
Regards

Bob S

Ryan, good point about the General forum for other questions or how-to's.... I'll do that.

Ryan K

Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 02:09 PM
Ryan, I feel like I owe you - you've helped me a lot.  If you ever need to source some aftermarket auto stuff, maybe I can help you that way..do you build autos too?

Bob, I will be asking you for auto advice in the future so just consider this a down payment.

There is no probation period, you can ask here that is fine. I would ask in general forum as people might not circle back to this thread and see the question.

Bob S

Bob S

Ryan, I feel like I owe you - you've helped me a lot.  If you ever need to source some aftermarket auto stuff, maybe I can help you that way..do you build autos too?

Ryan K

Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 01:49 PM
You must teach me your search tricks...I have never heard of this company,
and it sure didn't come up in any of my searches.
No problem.

Google 'CAM decals 32033'

It helps to use the full company name, then looked for companies I had used or heard of.

Bob S

Wow Ryan - you're a wealth of information - thanks a bunch!  You must teach me your search tricks...I have never heard of this company,
and it sure didn't come up in any of my searches.

Ryan K

Bob,

Did find this.....
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CAM32033?&currency_id=2

I have ordered from there, so they are GTG if you want to go that route.

You can also leave it as it, most folks that see the model won't know that is not in the correct location.

Also you can just remove it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63275125@N08/6191230712

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63275125@N08/6318286991

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63275125@N08/6168236613

Herk

Quote from: Herk on Fri 12/04/15 10:23 AM
Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 09:07 AM
Looks like I might be out of luck for the replacement Marine Corp EGA decal - CAM website shows discontinued on #32033
As I am not a Marine, Bob - what is an EGA?  Is it possible this is on one of the other CAM decal sheets?
Regards
Before you comment Ryan, I only had half my morning coffee before posting the previous!

Bob - Have you considered making your own EGA decals?  Are you looking for a color or B/W version?  Would the attached work for you?
Regards

Herk

Quote from: Bob S on Fri 12/04/15 09:07 AM
Looks like I might be out of luck for the replacement Marine Corp EGA decal - CAM website shows discontinued on #32033
As I am not a Marine, Bob - what is an EGA?  Is it possible this is on one of the other CAM decal sheets?
Regards

Bob S

Spanky

Another Phabulous Phantom.Well done!!! I loves me some Phantoms.
spanky

Bob S

Yeah - I see there a lots of Phantom Fans in this group!

Anthony Leger

Impressive looking model well done.

Tony