Hasegawa 1/32nd N1K2

Started by Bill L2, Mon 01/04/16 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Quote from: Bill L. on Sun 01/10/16 07:42 AM
Bill
I have the Has 1/32 F6F that was partially started (zinc green spray) that I bought from the Mitt. estate sale I ran.  Happy to sell that to you if you want. With Ronnie's extra parts........ (no sticker shock :)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll bring it on the 17th.

Bill L.

Ok thanks Bill. Bring it in and I will buy it from you. How much are you asking for the kit?

Bill L.

Bill
I have the Has 1/32 F6F that was partially started (zinc green spray) that I bought from the Mitt. estate sale I ran.  Happy to sell that to you if you want. With Ronnie's extra parts........ (no sticker shock :)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll bring it on the 17th.

Bill L.

Bill L2

Quote from: Ronnie Murray on Sat 01/09/16 08:58 AM
Hey Bill...you mentioned the idea of building a 1/32 Hellcat as an adversary plane for the George.  I can't speak first hand about the Trumpeter F6F but I've built the Hasegawa kit 3 times now.  That kit has a few hurdles but I seriously like it overall.  I have some leftover parts and aftermarket stuff for an F6F that you are welcome to use if you decide to build either one.

Thank Ronnie. I will come up with something. I like the Tamiya Corsair. Just have to commit to the build and the sticker shock!

Ronnie Murray

Hey Bill...you mentioned the idea of building a 1/32 Hellcat as an adversary plane for the George.  I can't speak first hand about the Trumpeter F6F but I've built the Hasegawa kit 3 times now.  That kit has a few hurdles but I seriously like it overall.  I have some leftover parts and aftermarket stuff for an F6F that you are welcome to use if you decide to build either one. 

Bill L2

Quote from: Bill L. on Thu 01/07/16 07:46 AM
Looks great bill. Love the wear and flaking of the paint!  You need a Hellcat or Corsair to go up against it!

Bill L.

Thanks Bill. I was kicking around the idea of buying the Tamiya Corsair. I just don't know if I want to commit to a two month build with that kit. Also I think Trumpeter has a 1/32nd Hellcat I was thinking about building. I will have to go over to Cybermodeler or MM to read the reviews of the Hellcat kit.

Bill L.

Looks great bill. Love the wear and flaking of the paint!  You need a Hellcat or Corsair to go up against it!

Bill L.

Bill L2

Thanks for the input guys. Not sure what to build next. I want to do an American plane but not sure which one. I guess I will look around on the web tonight for something.

Ronv

Looks really good......Japanese P-47!
RonV

Ronnie Murray

Yeah Bill, it really looks good.  I have always been a fan of the George as well.  I believe that the Japanese designed it after studying captured or shot down P-47's but of course I can't prove that.

Lee_K

Just gorgeous, Bill.  I love the brutishness of the George and your paint finish captures that very well!

Lee K

Ryan K

Flaps up or down, it still looks like a good build to me.

Bill L2

Quote from: Bob S on Mon 01/04/16 11:29 AM
Hey Bill - they have EZ Line in stock at Toy Town in Fuquay - at least they did when I was there on Wed before Christmas Eve..
Why can't I view your pictures?

Sorry about that Bob. I have to go back to photobucket and fix this. I don't know what makes me more angry. Windows 10 with touchscreen or photobucket!

Bob S

Hey Bill - they have EZ Line in stock at Toy Town in Fuquay - at least they did when I was there on Wed before Christmas Eve..
Why can't I view your pictures?

Bill L2

Completed N1K2. I just need to add the aerial wires. Waiting to purchase some ez line to do this. Model is finished with Vallejo Air Midori Green green upper surfaces, Tamiya AS 12 lower surface decanted to airbrush, and kit decals. The Hinomaru and white belly band were airbrushed. This is a really nice kit to build with little or no issues encountered. I put the flaps in the down position however I think the flaps on the real aircraft were kept in the up position when the plane was on the ground. I should have researched this more.