Calsonic GT-R 2003

Started by Bob S, Sun 02/14/16 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Bill L.

Love the Skyline GT-R. While not a motor head, it has always been a fav!!

Bill L.

Anthony Leger

Well they will be impressed with that entry. Well done it looks great

Tony

Bob S

HA! thank you Ron - I don't have a clear idea what those judges are gonna be looking for, but I'm gonna give 'em my best spit-shine before I hand them over to you!

Ronv

Great build! i am so looking forward to Richmond! I will need to bring another box for your awards.

RonV

Bob S

Thank you Marine! - I added some light for my pics - can you tell any difference?

Ryan K

Bob S

The trademark blue of the Calsonic team represents the Skyline's dominance of the Japanese race scene. All new for 2003 was a complete overhaul of the inner mechanics, such as pipe framing, transaxle transmission, and a 3-liter V6 Twin Turbo. One of three Skyline's competing, the #12 car got it's first victory in
the pouring rain - demonstrating the excellent performance of the car in all-weather conditions.

This is the Tamiya 1/24 kit which included a most excellent set of Cartograf decals. The body was sprayed Tamiya Brilliant Blue, and rubbed out with Meguiar's Scratch-X, then the high-gloss decals were installed. (this is the other body I brought to the Jan. club meeting). Chassis and front air dam assembly were painted
Tamiya Gunmetal over Satin Black to give the appearance of carbon fiber. Roll cage is Krylon Bright Aluminum, driver's seat is Tamiya Medium Blue Flat in the cushions, and Kevlar around back. Seatbelt decals were first applied to silver-painted masking tape, then fixed onto seat for a realistic appearance. Exhaust stain is Tamiya Burnt red powder pigment rubbed on with a foam applicator. Brake discs are Silver Leaf, calipers are Metallic Gray-all washed with thinned NATO Black. Kit-supplied grill mesh was painted Light Gunmetal before installation.