lgriffin

Nice work, Ronnie!

Lee G.

Lee_K

Thunderbolts are Go!

Wait...that's not quite right.

Lee KJ

Ronnie Murray

Hey Bill, the two razorbacks are Arrii / Otaki, the N is Academy and they are all 1/48th.  The N did have a larger wing...more square feet.

Bill L.

Ronie - Are those all from the same kit manufacturer, and same scale?  I'm assuming they're 1/48, which shows how much larger the 'N' was than the previous models.  The all look great.

Bill L.

Ronnie Murray

One last post with the family photo of the last three models I have completed.   Early, mid and late war T-bolts.   That doubled the amount of Jugs that are displayed on my shelves.

Ronnie Murray

I added the 500lb. bomb and painted the gun barrels so it is finished now.   This project is more pleasing to me now that I took some time to step away and get a new perspective.   This loadout shows just how punishing the P-47N could be and the extreme range it had.  No other single engine plane carried 10 HVARs in WWII.)

Bill L2

Quote from: Ronnie Murray on Sun 02/21/16 04:52 PM
Here is my virtual contribution to todays model yhat I eas not able to attend.  After months of trying to finish this one I am calling it done.  I would also like to dedicate this post to Bill Leary.  He recently had surgery and is recovering.  I completed this model today for his entertainment.

Excellent job Ronnie. I know Bill will like that.

Ryan K

Quote from: Ronv on Wed 02/24/16 08:51 PM
And you know that the next time you come to a meeting you have to show up with enough beers to share!

Hear Hear!

Ronv

Nicely done model! And you know that the next time you come to a meeting you have to show up with enough beers to share!
RonV

Ryan K

Ronnie, I like everything about your posts including the model.

Bill L.

Well done my friend, well done!!

Bill L.

Thank you for the "props" too. I will post something to the general topics in the next day or so to avoid you getting slammed with questions. All is as well as can be for now. Keep on modeling and posting pics so I can enjoy your efforts.

Ronnie Murray

Most of you know the P-47 is an aircraft that I have a great appreciation for, probably most of all.  To me the N version was the best so i painted this one as if were my personal mount pretending I had been there in WWII.  The nose art is a combination of 3 decals to make the "Virgin Gal" and it does resemble the way my wife looked when got married...(save the comments)   ;^)   So heres a shot of me chugging a beer to toast you all and for FINALLY completing another model.

Bob S

NICE Ronnie!  -- is Bill Leary "Bill L." on the forum?

Ronnie Murray

This is a good kit overall and I am surprised that many modelers choose to overlook it.  I could have done much better but I lost momentum due to several unforseen circumstances.

Ronnie Murray

Here is my virtual contribution to todays model yhat I eas not able to attend.  After months of trying to finish this one I am calling it done.  I would also like to dedicate this post to Bill Leary.  He recently had surgery and is recovering.  I completed this model today for his entertainment.