Tamiya 1/32 scale F-14 Tomcat converted to a D

Started by Lee_K, Tue 06/07/16 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee_K

Ronnie Murray

"turn and burn Mav"...love the Tomcat Lee.  What a beautiful jet, and a large one.  I remember seeing them in person.  You did a really good job on this one too...1/32 Jets are right up your Mig Alley. 

Bill L2

Very outstanding build Lee. Great markings. My bucket list Tomcat will be a VF-1 bird "A" model in the original gray/white scheme. Great job.

Ryan K

They still have the Junkers for sale on their website. D-VII's (OOP) have few wires, no buckles. The X for the landing gear and control elements.  That's it.

Spanky

Lee,the good thing about that Junkers J.1 was that it had no rigging;it was also one of the first WnW kits but it is now out of production.They do make some kits that have a minimum amount of rigging.I can't heap enough praise on Wingnut Wings kits though.
spanky

Lee_K

I remember pawing over a kit of a Junkers (I think) that you brought to one of the meetings -- it's the only WNW kit I've ever seen in real life.  I was very impressed.  Of course, building these kinds of airplanes leads to the inevitable issue of flying wires and turnbuckles.  That would be a new challenge for me.

Lee K

Spanky

Lee,as much as you like 1/32 scale planes you should try one of the Wingnuts WWI planes;they too are farmer like;outstanding in their field.
spanky

Lee_K

Thank you Spanky.  Coming from such an outstanding modeler as yourself, those words mean a lot.

Lee K

Bill L.

One of the best F-14 builds I've seen. Very well done. 

Bill L.

Spanky

Lee,your F-14 is like a farmer;outstanding in it's field! Seriously man,excellent model.
spanky

Lee_K

Hi Bob,

I lived in the RTP area for thirty seven years and decided in 2014 to relocate to the Rocky Mountains.  I was a member of Eagle Squadron for seventeen years and still think of it as my home club.  One day in the future I'll get back for a visit, I'm certain.

Lee K

Bob S

Thank you sir!  Where are you Lee? ..and where can I see your car models? I'm a new member- I joined in November, but I do not remember meeting you yet. I do know of you----Bill L replied to one of my posts saying that I was eligible for a "Lee K" school of photography award!  HA !

Lee_K

Why, thank you Bob!  Next time I'm in NC, we'll have to meet in person.  I'm a huge fan of your work and probably as car-crazy as you are. 

Bob S

Fantastic build there, Lee!  I'm fascinated by the absolute realism in the cockpit, and the subtle weathering all over. Beautiful. ...and your photography is outstanding.

lgriffin