Started by DavidS, Sun 07/03/16 10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

DavidS

Thanks Ron,
I will bring it is September.

David S

Ronv

Looks good David! See it at the September meeting?
RonV

DavidS

I finally finished the figure. It is from model cellar and very nice. Good clean detail. They offer some nice WWI subjects.  Sorry the photo is not clearer. The kindle has limits.

Anthony Leger

looks really great now needs to be in a museum :)

lgriffin

Well done, David. Very interesting subject, and you did a great job on it.

Lee G.

Ronv

I am, I got a kitchen pass for the Friday and Saturday.

RonV

DavidS

Is any one going to the Nationals?

David

DavidS

This was the first kit That I have done from Takom.  I had reservations about spending money on a company that I didn't know.  But, I have spent money on top of the line, mainstream kits like Dragon, and still  got very disappointed.  My worries were misplaced.  Takom made a very nice kit.  Spanky is right the instructions are soft on detail, be careful. A little patience and experience and you will do fine.  80% of the kit was outstanding, but do your research.  The subject of a lot of their kits is obscure.  There are no extra's in the box.  You get just what you need and no more. I scratch built some of the details based on pictures

I am excited to build another Takom kit.  I am just waiting for the one I want to be released.

David S

Ronv

You need to take it to the Nats!
RonV

Lee_K

Great job, David!

Lee K

Spanky

Dave,that's pretty damn spiffy.I don't know about you but I find these Takom kits to be quite fiddly and I find their directions to be pretty funky as well.Just minor gripes as I slog away on my Takom Mk.I female.
spanky

DavidS

A figure is on the work bench now. Will be ready by September.

This is first real ground  work that I have done in years. The new products like the grass are great, but expensive.  The final effect is worth it.

Thank you all,
David

Ronnie Murray

Wow David, very nice work...I especially like that paint scheme.  The overall base has a convincing look of work and weather having taken place.  What did you decide about adding figures?

Bob S

Outstanding, David!  I really appreciate your careful, precise work on your subject, as well as it's environment. It's obvious you study thoroughly. Beautiful.