1966 Nova

Started by DavidS, Wed 07/20/16 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Ryan K

Look forward to seeing it up close, looks good from here David.

DavidS

Bill, nice pictures. I am a 101 student of cars. My father raced in his youth, but he passed away before I got the bug.  I do have another car project in mind. I find that I lean towards the 1930 and 1940 period.

Bob, sorry, no engine. I just built the block to be seen from below. I was more interested in the finish - tamiya metallic brow.

David S

Bob S

Bill L.

Growing up in NJ, this was the only way I ever saw these cars... totally jacked and tweaked!

When I got my Lic at 17, my first car was a '67 GTO. wish I had a pic to share of my car.  Hell, wish I still had that car!
Bill L.

UPDATE - Closest Pic I could fine, since a buddy and I repainted it with a non-factory color, 19 coats of gold metal flak Lacquer.  My buddy buffed it out so I wouldn't 'burn' the finish.

Bob S

Supercool David! It looks great. I like those steel wheels painted the same color as the body... looks like a no-nonsense street burner.
This year model Nova (to me) was the original MUSCLE car, even before the term was coined.
Nice job David. So, how about a peek under the hood?

DavidS

Thanks Bill, my first car was a 1978 Nova. I would have never call it a rocket, but loved it any way.

David S

Bill L.

Street rocket!! Looks good!

Bill L.

DavidS

This my finished summer club build. I used some techniques for the first time including: Metal foil for the window divider and fuel cap. I tinted the rear window. Bob's polishing method was tired as well, and I see the merits.

The kit is in 1/25 scale from AMT. It was fun and marks only my third "car" that I have built. It looks pretty good from 6 feet! After building so many flat military subjects, the polished finish is the biggest challenge.

David S