Moebius Jonny Quest 'Dragonfly'

Started by Bill L., Sat 11/12/16 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck M

Quote from: Bill L. on Sat 11/12/16 12:15 PM
When I was growing up, Saturday morning cartoon were so very different that they are today.  I could go on forever as to why, but I will say that Hanna Barbera's Jonny Quest was my all-time favorite.  Always a great story and adventure to look forward to on Saturday mornings as I ate breakfast in front of the TV.  I wanted to grow up to be Race Bannon!

But the coolest part of Jonny Quest (IMO) was the Dragonfly.  It was so different than any other aircraft I'd ever seen.  Maybe that's why I love the XB-70 Valkyrie so much!! Needless to say that when Moebius released a model kit of the Dragonfly, I knew I had to have it.  The kit has only 10 parts to it, so it is not a fancy or complex build.  But I loved every minute of it.  A little Dk. Grey pre-shading, and an off-white (Camo-Grey actually) paint job and it is done.

I will display it on my shelf with pride!

Is there a little Race Bannon there in the cockpit?

Bill L.

Ronv

Nicely done! Yeah I always liked Johnny Quest.

Ryan K

Looks good. I didn't mind watching Jonny Quest if that was the only thing on but it wasn't my favorite.

Bill L.

When I was growing up, Saturday morning cartoon were so very different that they are today.  I could go on forever as to why, but I will say that Hanna Barbera's Jonny Quest was my all-time favorite.  Always a great story and adventure to look forward to on Saturday mornings as I ate breakfast in front of the TV.  I wanted to grow up to be Race Bannon!

But the coolest part of Jonny Quest (IMO) was the Dragonfly.  It was so different than any other aircraft I'd ever seen.  Maybe that's why I love the XB-70 Valkyrie so much!! Needless to say that when Moebius released a model kit of the Dragonfly, I knew I had to have it.  The kit has only 10 parts to it, so it is not a fancy or complex build.  But I loved every minute of it.  A little Dk. Grey pre-shading, and an off-white (Camo-Grey actually) paint job and it is done.

I will display it on my shelf with pride!

Bill L.