Revell's "Dawn of Time" Styracosaurus

Started by Bill L., Sun 01/08/17 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

Japanese Anime: It's called a ZOID Darkhorn.  The 'Pilot' had a cockpit inside the head.

I actually had this one, you built them around a small motor that allowed the model to walk.

Bill L.

Herk

Quote from: Ronnie Murray on Sat 01/21/17 09:09 AM
I like it Bill, it reminds me of a WWII tank.  I bet it would look good with a Porsche turret mounted on its back.
Interesting that a little guy that looked so ferocious was a vegetarian.  Would be interesting to see this over a small size Imperial Walker skeleton with two 20mm fitted in the two forward horns.
Regards,
Steve

Ronnie Murray

I like it Bill, it reminds me of a WWII tank.  I bet it would look good with a Porsche turret mounted on its back.

Chuck M

Herk

Proof that fantastic kits & builds do not have to be tanks or aircraft.  Wonderful finish to a unique old kit.
Regards

Ryan K

Bill L.

I bought this kit at the last RDUCON from a vendor for $5. and finally decided to start it as a fun build over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I finished it yesterday during the "Snowpocolypse". 

For those around long enough to remember, this is one in a series that used to be Aurora's Monster Scenes.  The mold is still very crisp and the fit was good as well,  There was the usual amount of flash to clean up, but because this was not a very sophisticated kit I didn't put alot of time into it, however I did pay attention to paint and weathering.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

I posted before and after pics so you can see the difference.

Happy New Modeling Year !!

Bill L.