Wanted: Eduard Photo Etch Flap set for Accurate Miniatures SBD-3 in 1:48

Started by Robert Porter, Sat 02/11/17 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Porter

I agree, I ended up buying this particular set. http://www.ebay.com/itm/381958724072 there are still a few sets left. I decided I really am not up to messing with that much PE yet.

Also got a resin engine replacement from Quickboost and accidentally ordered the resin exhausts for the Hasegawa kit. If anyone else needs them I will have them! I like the decals that came and the wheels look fine so the rest will be scratch detailing where needed.
Cheers,

Robert

Spanky

Hey Robert,those resin flaps actually look pretty good,a lot less hassle than dealing with the Eduard set.Of course i'm partial to resin;it smells better than PE.
spanky

Robert Porter

Thanks! I ended up with the PE set as the resin were for the Hasegawa kit and from reviews I have read to use them requires some significant effort with my AM kit. There was also another plastic set from Squadron Attack which was for the AM kit and was only 11 bucks so I snagged them as well. I don't have a lot of experience with PE yet so was worried I might make a hash of them.

I swear I searched before and found nothing on eBay but when I looked after your post I did find them, thanks!

Robert
Cheers,

Robert

Spanky

Robert,try ebay,there is a resin flap set and I saw the Eduard flap set.The resin set is for the Accurate kit and is 11.99,the Eduard set sells for 22.99.Me,I'd go for the resin set instead of the PE set.
spanky

Robert Porter

Thanks, it did help, but still none available anywhere I can find.
Cheers,

Robert

Ryan K

It's Eduard set 48:493 for AM SBD-3/5. That might help in the search.

Robert Porter

I am about to begin building an Accurate Miniatures 1:48 SBD-3 Dauntless, Battle of Midway timeframe. I was able to buy the Interior and Exterior detail photo etch set from Eduard but have been unable to locate their Flaps Detail set. The only one I can find is the one for Hasegawa kit which will not fit the Accurate Miniatures kit. Any help locating one would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Robert