Trying to obtain 1/72 B-17G and small scale B-47 Stratojet

Started by Ronnie Murray, Mon 09/11/17 06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herk

Quote from: Ronnie Murray on Sat 09/30/17 10:19 AM
The hunt is over now...thanks to Jon E. I was able to obtain the Hasegawa B-17G kit at a very reasonable price and through ebay I bot the Hobbycraft 1/144 B-47.  Ryan has some decals that will help to get the right codes and numbers.  I've already started the B-17G so things are rolling to get these kits in the veterans hands before Christmas.  Thanks to all who have helped.
Way to go Ronnie!

Ronnie Murray

The hunt is over now...thanks to Jon E. I was able to obtain the Hasegawa B-17G kit at a very reasonable price and through ebay I bot the Hobbycraft 1/144 B-47.  Ryan has some decals that will help to get the right codes and numbers.  I've already started the B-17G so things are rolling to get these kits in the veterans hands before Christmas.  Thanks to all who have helped.

Ronnie Murray

Thanks for the info Steve, what you're saying is true but I'm going to try and spend a lot less money than the prices they have listed.  I want to honor this vet with some nice replicas of the aircraft that he flew but these will not be the "over the top" builds that our club has done in the past.  small budget and quick, clean build will be the method. 

Herk

Ronnie,
Oldmodelkits.com has 5-6 B-47 kits - 3-4 in the 1/115 scale @ $100 + for each model and 2-3 Hasagawa kits at 1/72 for $60 - 80 per kit.  Good luck in your search and build.
Regards,
Steve

Ronnie Murray

I've promised to build some kits for a B-17 pilot I met in Sanford yesterday.  His name is Mark Gilles of the 95th BG, 421st Squadron and he did 32 missions over Europe in B-17's.   If you have the Hasegawa, new tool Airfix or Revell B-17G in 1/72 and would like to sell it or swap please bring it to the meeting Sunday.  Same for a 1/144 B-47 or a box scale kit.  He flew them as well as a B-29 but I have that one covered from my stash.  I look forward to seeing yall at the meeting.