Tamiya P-38

Started by Bill L2, Sat 07/27/19 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgriffin

Yes, some long and informative threads on HyperScale about the new Lightning kit. It looks like a winner.

Lee Griffin

Bill L2

Quote from: Matt C on Sat 07/27/19 08:39 AM
It looks nice! Another site said that they'll try to have the display model at Nationals, and they are selling early test shots in Japan.

Also, the 1/48 Eduard P-51D launching at Nats. https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/07/preview-eduards-new-48th-scale-p-51d.html

The Eduard P-51 looks very nice with some very nice options. I was looking at Cyber Modeler last night and there was an indication Zoukei-Mura was releasing a P-51 B/C in 1/32nd.

Lots of good stuff!

Bill L2

Quote from: Lee_K on Tue 07/30/19 01:42 AM
Friendly reminder: most F/G/H Lightnings had Neutral Gray wheel well interiors and landing struts.  The very early Fs (Yamamoto mission) had aluminum lacquer wheel wells and struts.  The use of Neutral Gray by Lockheed continued through the J production run and into the early Ls, even when the airplanes were delivered in a natural metal finish.  The last Ls went to aluminum lacquer struts with Chromate Yellow wheel wells.

Thanks Lee. Some great research information. Looks like Tamiya put "Miss Virginia" on the box. I'm sure we will see a swarm of after market decals and other items over the next few months. I would like to do an ETO P-38. Maybe Robin Olds airplane.

Lee_K

Friendly reminder: most F/G/H Lightnings had Neutral Gray wheel well interiors and landing struts.  The very early Fs (Yamamoto mission) had aluminum lacquer wheel wells and struts.  The use of Neutral Gray by Lockheed continued through the J production run and into the early Ls, even when the airplanes were delivered in a natural metal finish.  The last Ls went to aluminum lacquer struts with Chromate Yellow wheel wells.

Matt C

It looks nice! Another site said that they'll try to have the display model at Nationals, and they are selling early test shots in Japan.

Also, the 1/48 Eduard P-51D launching at Nats. https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/07/preview-eduards-new-48th-scale-p-51d.html

Lots of good stuff!

Bill L2