August and September MEETINGS

Started by WoodyG, Sat 07/27/19 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyG

Lee G: Since there are 24 days left until September's meeting, with no information having been posted regarding a picnic or a swapmeet, I think the club is owed a reply to our agenda. Don't plans need to be made for this type of event? Woody G

Shanee C

At some point last month there was also the mention of a swap-meet meeting. I believe that the picnic was also going to be the swap-meet. Is that the case still?

lgriffin

Woody, thanks for your flexibility in coordinating with the Colonel. It looks like October is the best option if he is amenable and available. If he can attend, we will prioritize the meeting to ensure he gets the focus he deserves while still doing our usual show and tell, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Stephanie is working the details of the September picnic. She did say that some Fayetteville modelers are coming and will be bringing some kits to sell to assist the widow of one of their members. I anticipate Stephanie will provide details when available.

Thanks,

Lee G.

WoodyG

Lee G: Thanx for clarifying the agenda. Didn't know everything went through you now, since we have an unresponsive President.  Tomorrow will be one month since Larry Mason e-mailed the President to get the agenda and find out if it was OK to ask the Col. to speak in September.  No response.  I will call the Col. and ask him if he can do October; I would not be surprised if he passes completely.  I understand there's going to be a picnic or barbeque in Sept.  When is the club going to find out the details on this? WoodyG

WoodyG

Lee G: In response to your message, I checked with the only board member who responded, meaning Larry, and we decided to invite the pilot in September; did not know the President had planned a picnic, as we hadn't heard anything about it.  I think it would be bad form to tell the Col. that we needed to change the date again.  A bit surprised to get a response from you and not the president.  Thanx, WoodyG

lgriffin

Hi Woody and all,

Our tentative itinerary for September is a picnic. We need to clarify our plans before we commit our speaker.

Stephanie and Matt, can we confirm our plans so that we can let our speaker know? Can we do a picnic and a speaker?

Thanks,

Lee Griffin

lgriffin

Hi  Rob, no real restrictions except, as you note, doing paint spraying. I think the Dremel is fine as long as any dust, shavings, etc get cleaned up. Every meeting is a show-and-tell event, so feel free to bring stuff: Built, unbuilt, in-progress.

Lee Griffin

Rob

Hey Woody, a couple of quick questions for you (or any of the other club members for that matter): since I'm kinda new to the club, when you guys do a "build session" during a club meeting, is there any restriction regarding tools you can bring?  Since the meetings are held at the Amer. Legion, is it okay to bring a Dremel for example?  I'm guessing that airbrushes are out of the question too?  Sorry for the dumb question---but I also want to be respectful of the meeting space as well as to the folks at the Amer. Legion.

Show and tell: is that for just the Oct contest, or it that also for the build sessions during the Aug/Sept meetings as well?

Thanks in advance!

WoodyG

GUYS: As we discussed, in the June meeting, since we have a number of members going to the Nationals, we are going to have a build of your ships for the October contest, and hopefully a good show-and-tell. The Vietnam Pilot would be happy to come in September if it's OKed by the powers that be. BTW, bring anything you want to the build.  See you on the 11th, WOODYG.