SEPTEMBER MEETING DATE CHANGE for Picnic and Swap Meet

Started by Stephanie, Tue 08/20/19 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmaples

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks, so much, for arranging all this.

Is there anything I can bring?

If you're low on deserts I can certainly bring cookies (or something).

Jeff Maples

Stephanie

UPDATE!!!!

Hey all! I signed the usage agreement with the Parks Department this morning. So we are all set for the BBQ / Swap Meet! This is the actual shelter pictured. Complete details below:

WHEN: Sunday, September 22, 2019
WHERE: Garner Recreational Park (it's about 2-ish miles north of Wake Tech), 221 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529
TIME: 11am to 4pm

DETAILS: Bring anything you'd like to swap or sell. Mike Starling (from Hayes Hobby) will be bringing a passed member's collection as well to help support his widow. There is parking near the shelter. We'll have BBQ, chips and drinks. Let me know if you guys would like a little dessert treat as well -- cookies or something similar. Food will be served starting at 11am and go until we run out.

FOOD for club members and Fayetteville members will be complimentary. All others are asked to make a $5 donation to the club per plate.

I'm going to make a small flyer to share and pass around with other local chapters near us. Feel free to invite anyone you'd like who'd enjoy hanging out and looking at kits that day! Want this to be a fun and special event for you all!

Stephanie

Woody, there are current plans in place for September. Please see if the speaker can attend our October or November meeting.

Bill L2

WoodyG

Stephanie, If there are no current plans, am I clear to invite the Viet-Nam pilot to speak in October? WOODY G

Stephanie

Hey Eagle Squadron! I wanted to pop in with a quick update on our planned Picnic / Swap Meet for September.

We will NOT be meeting at our regular time on Sunday, September 8th in favor of hosting our area clubs and Eagle Squadron members for a picnic and swap meet on September 22nd.

PLEASE NOTE THIS DATE CHANGE FROM OUR REGULAR MEETING DATE IN SEPTEMBER.

I am currently finalizing everything now with the venue and food. More details to come on this part over the coming days.

The plan is to serve complimentary lunch for anyone who is a current Eagle Squadron or Fayetteville club member as a thank you to you guys for all the hard work at RDUcon over the years and to build rapport with our Fayetteville model buddies. Everyone else will be asked to pay a $5 donation to the club for food.

As for the kits, we are going to have LOTS to swap and choose from. Bring whatever you'd like from your own stash. AND Mike Starling (from Hayes) is bringing his trailer full with the collection of a recently passed member in the hopes to raise some money for the widow. Think of it like a mini-RDUcon vendor room! With food!

More details to come as soon as possible!!!!

Thanks, Steph