Hasegawa 1/48 scale F-86F Sabre

Started by Lee_K, Tue 01/05/10 09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee_K

Thanks for the kind comments, all.  The Metalizer sealer was used over the entire model owing to the extensive stencilling.  It worked out pretty well but it did dull the finish a bit.  One day, I'll figure out the magic recipe.

Lee K

lgriffin

Very nice, Lee. That looks great!

Q: Did you use the Metalizer sealer over the whole model or just the decalled areas?

Thanks,

Lee G.

Bill L2

Very nice model Lee. The finish looks great.

BenB

Nice! I think the F-86 is one of the prettiest jets ever. They're supposed to fly as good as they look, too.

Ben

Lee_K

This kit was a joy to build, up until the point where I sanded through the windscreen while fairing it into the surrounding fuselage for the fourth time.  Thanks to Mike Mittenzwei for saving the day by graciously providing me a replacement from a spare Academy kit.  Ejection seat and instrument panel came from an old Kendall Model Company set reissued by True Details.  Decals are from Super Scale for an F-86F-30 based in Suwon, Korea, 1953.  I assembled the fuselage with CA glue to hopefully prevent ghost seams from forming later on.  So far, so good.  Floquil Old Silver was used a primer with Alclad Aluminum overall and Duraluminum for the wing spar, Dark Aluminum for the exhaust panel, and Stainless Steel for the gun panel.  Metalizer Sealer was used over the decals.

Lee K