T-80 UD MBT Complete

Started by Bill L2, Tue 07/13/10 06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmittenzwei

You did a great job on this one. What kit did you use? Isn't this series called the "coup" tank since these babies fired on office buildings while Gorby wasout at his dacha?

Bill L2

It appears that the T-80 is camera shy when the fuel drums are mounted which means the Russians dont put them on that often. A big hassle I guess for the Russian tankers. After some research I found that the drums can be jettisoned from the tank when deploying into battle. This can be done from inside of the tank. I attached a few pics of the T-80 with the external tanks attached.

Attaching points for drums. High mount behind snorkel and low mounts off the rear fender area.

JonE

Here are a few pics of other variations on the extra fuel tanks positioning.

Ryan K

Quote from: tony9409 on Wed 07/14/10 10:48 PM
For the inquiring mind...Those fuel barrels on the rear are placed in interesting spot do the T-80 tankers ever swing that turret around to face rearward. 

Yes, from what I could find is that it can traverse 360 but finding a pic is like finding hen's teeth. Probably one of those, it shows defeat kind of things. Those fuel tanks a for long travel and would be dropped off before entering into known combat operations.

Did find this one pic but it seems like a junk yard hog.
http://btvt.narod.ru/5/80ud/t-80ud-turm3.jpg

HTH

Bill L2

Thanks for the comments guys. Tony I do not have an answer for the barrel hitting the fuel drum if the turret was traversed. Hey its Russian!

ClydeM

that looks like a great model, nice looking paint job. way to go Bill :) bombs away.

Anthony Leger

Looks really nice.

For the inquiring mind...Those fuel barrels on the rear are placed in interesting spot do the T-80 tankers ever swing that turret around to face rearward. 

...tony

Joe M

JonE

Looks very nice Bill, as usual. Can't wait to see it in person.

Bill L2

I have finished up the T-80 I purchased from Boltgun at RDUCON. A pretty nice kit of an awesome tank. Its in the three tone Russian camo scheme, sand, dark green and black. Hope you like.