Civil War Field Piece by Life-Like Hobby Kits

Started by Ronv, Thu 09/02/10 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonE

Very nice RonV. That didn't take you long at all.

Bill L2

Clyde you are more like a fine Cabernet. Getting better with time :D

ClydeM

Ron, I don't have akit but you are welcome to paint my cast metal one to look like yours.  ;D

Ronv

Clyde, no problem I knew you were only kidding. But seriously did you crew one during the civil war?  ;D
Does anyone have any other cannon kits in their stash or know of a good kit for this era?

Thanks
RonV

ClydeM

good one L2,ha ha ha :). but its not nice to comment on ones age. you too will be old someday.

Bill L2

That is real nice Ron. I really like the way you completed the wood finish.

Clyde what are you talking about? Did you mean to say you crewed one of these at Lookout Mountain during the war.   ;D

ClydeM

hey Ron , you do know I was only kidding, right?  Ive secretly always wanted to build some sort of cannon or artilery piece but airplanes keep geeting in the way.

Ryan K

That looks very good. I like the wood texture, it gives the kit some life.

ClydeM

hey Ron thats pretty cool. it looks almost as good as the one I bought at a gift shop on lookout mtn.

Ronv

Hi All, I was able to complete the Civil War Filed Piece that I won in the raffle at the New Bern Contest. I can honestly say that this was enjoyable build even though every part had to be either straightened, trimmed, or created from scratch.

RonV
http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/ronv_photo/?action=view&current=IMG_9682.jpg