Chaparral 2C - 1965 Nassau Trophy Entry Type

Started by Anthony Leger, Sun 04/05/09 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

That car always reminds me of the car 'Racer X' drove in the cartoon Speed Racer.  I bet it was based on that car!

Bill L.

Lee_K

I love Chaparrals ever since I saw them in my slot-car days as a kid.  I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

Lee K

ipmsesadmin

Thanks actually is looking like the car should now and hopefully will be painting it soon. Body is white overall while the chassis is a mix of black, aluminum, a few other metallic shades on the engine, blue springs. It has been hard to find good references and the cars even in the 2C model varied (ie the rear spoiler went from fixed to variable) and some have shark gills on the front wheel body moulding...then the exhasut routing varied a couple of ways as well. Interesting thing about these cars I've read was they had an automatic transmission

regards,

Bill L2

That is nice Tony. I remember that kit from a summer meeting. Nice

Anthony Leger

I started this project a while ago and it is based on the ARII kit. Looking back at that starting point the kit has only a couple of things going for it...the body, the clear parts. Maybe it was the inspiration from the box art for a really cool looking car that was part of a legacy of innovations from the famous Jim Hall and me wanting a model similar to the picture I have of number 6 Chaparral driven by Roger Penske. So I grabbed a 2D kit from Chris which provided a few more needed parts and recently I picked up an IMC GT40 from the era rebuild for parts. After a whack of modifications  it is finally taking shape :) More Pictures coming soon.

...tony