News from our RC and DLC

Started by Anthony Leger, Thu 08/11/11 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Leger

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great summer. I've been so busy I haven't been able to finish any of the two dozen kits I have in production! I'm looking forward to September and the Piedmont Scale Modelers 2nd Annual "Fall Modelfest."  I attended last year and it was a very good contest. I picked up quite a few kits I had been looking for. The vendors were great. Also in September is the 15th Annual Foothills Plastic Pros Fall Classic in Morganton, NC. I haven't been to one of their contests yet but I always hear good things about them.

November will be here before you know it and so will the Lafayette Scale Modelers 2011 Show & Contest in Fayetteville, NC on Nov. 5 (My Birthday!). They have some interesting things planned for that contest, including a club competition.

Our DLC Tim Darrah sent his latest newsletter to all of the RCs. There were some interesting points I want to share with you. Here are the excerpts from his newsletter that apply to all of us:

August 2011 DLC Newsletter
Tim Darrah, #8821

Hello my friends in IPMS-land,

Another Nationals is over with and from what I have heard, it was another very good one. I'm still angry that I couldn't attend, but I've been looking at the gallery on the web site that my good friend Mark Aldrich and his band of merry photographers created for everyone's enjoyment.

Now to pass along some news from Omaha:

The 2012 Nationals are in Orlando FL on August 8 - 11 and the web site is already available, the URL is www.ipms2012.org, so please go there to check it out & start making plans.

The 2013 Nationals will be in Loveland, CO on August 7 – 11. The only other bid was in Greenville, SC.

Now for a subject near and dear to all of our hearts, the re-Charter. Yep, it's almost that time of the year again. Next month, I will update all of the Factsheets and get them to the RCs so that they will get to the Chapter on or before the start of the re-Charter season that runs from 01 October to 31 December. The requirements for the re-Charter still remain unchanged, they are:

* A minimum of 5 current IPMS/USA members
* All of the Chapter officers must be current IPMS/USA members (they count towards the 5)
* The Chapter Contact must be a current IPMS/USA member (and counts towards the 5)
* Send in a $20 check or money order payable to IPMS/USA (make sure that the Chapter name and number are listed on the check) to the DLC

Another topic that we dearly love to hear about is contest coordination and approval. Before you make any commitments, sign contracts, or advertise the contest, you need to get the contest approved by your RC. So please contact your RC first with your suggested date, they will then give you the approval or dis-approve the date as there is another contest in the area on the same date that conflicts with yours. Once you get the RC's approval, go to the upcoming events page on the IPMS/USA web site and fill out the "Event Data Form" in its entirety and submit it. That form will come to the DLC, they will confirm with the RC that the contest has been approved by the RC, notify the Home Office and The Journal, add it to the upcoming events page on the web site and notify the chapter that the contest is approved. I know that it sounds like a lot of hassle, but it only takes a few short minutes and if it's properly pre-approved, the DLC can have it completely approved & posted within 5 minutes.

Also, please don't forget to vote for in our elections. It doesn't matter how you vote, just vote.

Lastly I would like to thank all of you for your time and help during my time on the E-Board. And remember, this is only a hobby.

Tim

Tim A. Darrah
IPMS/USA # 8821
IPMS/Director of Local Chapters