F-15E Strike Eagle for USO

Started by Anthony Leger, Thu 10/06/11 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Leger

I used a zoom set in the cockpit and some two mikes covers for the probes etc the rest was OOB. I like the revell kit once you know where the areas to watch are...notably the wing tips and then glueing the nose assembly on... I had put the tails on next to last. The base was straightforward Michaels frame with poster board...

Tony

Bill L.

Looks great Tony.  Was this an OOB build?

Bill L.

Anthony Leger

Thanks all for the feedback.  We'll table doing some future builds in the next meet and get any feedback Jon has. I couldn't find any pictures after the event and news coverage  on tv was poor...so anxious like all the rest to know more about the gala.

Ronv

Tony, The F-15 was nicely done!

I think we had a pretty good turnout for the USO model awards. Since the black tie affair is a yearly event I would like to see if we could get the list of recipients earlier and make this a yearly event for our club. What do you guys think?
RonV

Anthony Leger

Thx.  The plane was done for the award winner who is at SJ-AFB from what I understand vs the auction. Maybe next year we may make more for the auction

Bill L2

Looks awesome Tony! A very mean looking jet.

WoodyG

Tony,  Very nice job.  The Air Force guy should be very happy with it, or will it be in the auction? I've been thinking about doing mine. Cheers, Woody G

Anthony Leger

here is the Eagle I built for the Air Force recipient at the USO... Revell with some adds. Base was picture frame with foam board tarmac

Tony