Academy F-16 1/32

Started by Bill L2, Fri 05/22/09 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie Murray

Man!!!  I hope you'll bring this to the next club meeting and definitely enter it in the September contest.  I'd say this is your best work so far!

Bill L2

ClydeM

looks very impressive. clyde

DaveS

Very nice, especially the panel lines and gun bay.  Can't wait to see it.

David Shaw

Bill L.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!  WOW looks great in the pictures, can't wait to see it up close next month.  Great job, and thanks for the 'in progress' photos.  Always good to see 'How I dun it!'

Bill L.

Bill L2

Thanks Lee and Adam. Adam the scale is 1/32. I won this kit at RDUCON last year from the outstanding raffle we had. I will bring it in to the June meeting.
Thanks again.

Lee_K

Looks spectacular, Bill!  While the experience might have exhausted you and your supplies, you'll find that nothing in the scale aircraft modeling world is as impressive to display as a 1/32 scale modern jet.  Watch the reactions of others when you bring it to the club meeting, mall display, or contest.  I promise you that you will be delighted.  Bigger is definitely better.

Lee K

AdamC

Wonderful.   Did we ever find out the scale?

Adam

Bill L2

Finally finished this model and wanted to post some pictures. This was a very hard kit to build with many challenges. Next time I will take the advice of
Lee K and use aftermarket decals. The Academy decals are thick like scotch tape and some would not even settle down with micro sol! It may be some time before I build another 1/32 scale jet. It used up all of my paint, thinners, etc etc etc. >:( But I am happy with the end result and it looks good on my display shelf with my other kits.