Gallery 1/48 H-34 (The Great Pumpkin)

Started by Spanky, Mon 09/07/15 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan K

That is pretty awesome. I have started mine awhile back and only have parts of the tail done so far.

Spanky

Well,this is the first model I have finished this year.The kit is the Gallery 1/48 H-34.
This is also the first helicopter I have built since like 1962;The Revell 1/48 H-19.
The photo etch screens on this kit were problematic especially around the cowling,they were difficult to get them to conform to the compound curves even after annealing the photo retch parts.If I ever do another one of these I'll hog out the areas underneath where the screens are placed as you can see through them.Also,there are no cyclic sticks which I didn't catch until late in the build.Supposedly a guy who is supposed to be quite knowledgeable on the H-34 gave gallery assistance with this kit.Aside from these niggling gripes it's a pretty good kit.Caracal stickers were used and I painted it with Hataka International orange acrylic paint.Great paint this Hataka stuff,even though the name sounds Japanese it's actually made in Poland.
spanky