1966 Revell 1/72 B-24D "Blue Streak"

Started by Bill L., Mon 05/04/15 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgriffin

Good work, Bill. It's a shame about that top turret. Looks like Revell really screwed the pooch on that one.

Cheers,

Lee G.

Ronnie Murray

Good going Bill, it really looks good and I know the new owner will be thrilled to get it.

Anthony Leger

JonE

Pretty bird Bill. Nice work (and rework) on that old kit.

Ryan K

The ball turret gunners wish they had the top turret's life at least in that model. :)

Looks good Bill.

Bill L.

This was a very nostalgic build for me.  It is completely OOB with nothing added.  As you may imagine, or remember, ALL control surfaces move.. Ailerons, flaps, rudders, elevators, and the landing gear also retracts.  In this case, I know this model will be hanging from a Home/Office ceiling in front of a large poster of a B-24D in flight, so the gear will be retracted.  The nose wheel doors like to 'flop' open so a little masking tape inside helps keep them closed tight. You'll notice the nose wheel is retracted in the pics below, for that reason.

You'll also notice (Lee K.) that the top turret is ridiculously tall. Again, this was a OOB build (that, and it will be hanging in someone else's house ).

All figures are represented in the aircraft, in full (warm) flight gear, except for waist and ball turret gunners. No idea why, it would have been easy enough to do.

The decals (circa 1966 or older) needed to be beat into submission but with some clear decal solution, some solvent, and color matched paint to fill in the disintegrated sections/pieces. Luckily, I was able to use 99% of them.

Now I just need to build him a couple P-51's to fly cover.

Another one complete for 2015.

Bill L.