Aston Martin DB5 open spoke wheels

Started by Herk, Sat 04/14/18 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan K

Don't know if you found this.

https://sites.google.com/site/peters132wirewheels/home

They don't have any more sale but get you a little further. My understanding is 15" is what your looking for.

Herk

I purchased one of the Airfix Aston Martin DB5 kits in Richmond to build for my daughter – she has taken a fascination to James Bond's Aston Martin and wants Daddy to build her one.
The kit is very simple, so simple that the wheels are the tires with an insert for the spokes held to the axle pin with a two arm "knockoff" hubcap.  As it is for my daughter, I would like to make the wheels (& tires) a little more realistic (ie open) if possible.  Does anyone know where I can obtain both the wheels (with open spokes) and tires for a 1/32 scale DB5?  Would be nice if I could also find the three arm knock off hub caps use in the movie Goldfinger.  Checking online, the DB5 came standard with the two arm and were later upgraded to the three arm.
I have checked Shapeways (3d printer) but they are asking $175 for a set of 1/8 wheels only.  Resizing and adding tires would probably keep that price or raise it.
Any help from our auto enthusiasts will be appreciated.
Regards to all.