Revell AT-ACT

Started by Ryan K, Mon 01/07/19 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

WAIT .... I'm sorry..... Is that a typo ??? Did you say you 'FINISHED" a model?  NO WAY! Don't buy it!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the DARK SIDE!

Looks good!

Bill L.

Ryan K

Thanks. The booth is DYI second hand find. The sides are plastic signs cutdown and ducktaped. The top has some clear plastic. I use clamp lights to light it up. As you see a basic air filter. Haven't changed it in years. To be fair haven't used the booth a bunch as I am a reformed rattle can user.

Charles T

Looks good, Ryan! Even with the trouble. I like that they have AT variants now. It looks like you have a cool paint booth too.

Ryan K

Is this a new board?

I finished finished a model. 😱

Revell snap tite AT-ACT with shapeways detailing bundle from Conceptual Visions. The big add is the front chest intake missing from the kit.
I used the following:
Xf9 hull red
Hairspray
X-6 cargo
XF-19 Sky grey everything else
XF19 plus XF66 light grey panel highlights

The green is XF-67 NATO green mixed with XF-57 buff. For dumbass modeler of the year (me), I had issues with the orange chipping with little bit of water. So I set the model in cold/Luke water for 30 sec and it stripped all paint. Doh!

It's not great 1'-2' type but it is a finished model for this year and of the more traditional sense. Next up is two Bandai AT-ST in noncannon colors from Britmodeller folks. One is sorta easy and the other will take some time.