I Finished a Model! Drinks are on me!!!

Started by Philip G, Tue 03/03/20 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herk

Phillip - Thanks for the clarification. 
Steve

Philip G

Steve:

The models (1:35 and 1:1) are at the American Legion Durham Post 7 at 406 Trinity Avenue in Old North Durham. It's just west of Avondale. If you're coming east from downtown Durty, Trinity ends at Avondale. The Post will be the first M110A2 on your right. The model is in the canteen, back in the pool room. Tell them Bolt sent you. We have an informal get-together every Friday from 1700-whenever. Free snacky-noshy stuff. Could be pigs-in-a-blanket, could be pizza, could be wings. Always a mystery.

Hope to see you and anyone else from the club at the Post.

Ciao!
Bolt

Herk

Phillip - Very good model!
Can you tell me where the display case is with the model - would like to make an "up close & personal" look at it.  Also where is the prototype for the model to be displayed?  Do not want to meet him on a "Sunday afternoon drive"!
Regards,
Steve Payne

Philip G

Thanks, Ryan. The Legionnaires said some really nice things about it. We're obligated to paint the 1:1 scale one. I want to do it with the 3-color NATO scheme that's on it now, but a few of the leadership want it all green. I'll paint it myself if that's what it takes. I have TB 43-0209 which specifies the exact colors and patterns for all Army vehicles and equipment of the period. Attached is the proper pattern for the most essential piece of military equipment, the M536 field laundry unit.

Ryan K

Philip G

Presented the model to the Post last night.

Philip G

This is the as-completed-as-my-soul-will-presently-allow M110A2 in the lovely display case handcrafted by my good friend. I'm having an engraved plaque made. If the plaque is finished by Monday, I will present the display to the Post at the Legion meeting that night. I plan on bringing it to the meeting on Sunday, too.

Should I spray some flat on the flags?

Ciao!
Philbert