Completed Hobby Boss A-10

Started by Bill L2, Wed 04/14/10 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L2

Ronnie, thats crazy! I also saw those. The flew right over Mebane. Four Gray Hawgs heading south east. I was out in the back yard and thought are they lost? During football season I see an Eagle fly over the house for fly overs at Chapel Hill but I have no idea where the Hawgs were going.

Ronnie Murray

Bill, good move on the A-10 which is a personal favorite.   Four of them in overall gray camo flew overhead while I was at Hawks house and we were acting like kids at an airshow.  Congrats on being the first Eagle Squad member to complete a model that was awarded to him by the group for the Most Improved Modeler award.  I was certain that I'd be the first this year by completing the fantastic Hasegawa Ki-84 but you beat me to it. 

JonE

Very nice Lt. I can't wait to see it in person. You have a nice touch with your weathering.

Bill L2

Thanks for the comments fellows. Woody sorry I could not make the show. I just have so much going on at work and home that I just could not get away for the day. Lee the gold spinner hub on the motor is actually brass in color. While researching the A-10 I came across a picture of a jet with a brass colored spinner. It was a replacement part and went onto the jet unpainted. I guess they were in a hurry. But I will probably go back and paint it dark green. I do not like the way it looks.  See you Sunday ;D

Anthony Leger

Very nice Bill it looks great...I think we want to see it at the next meeting. We can get a picture of you with it as a finished model from all those awarded....hint hint all you others who've not finished theirs :)

Ronv

That's a pretty sweet A-10 Bill!! Are you bringing it to the meeting on Sunday?
Okay, Okay I just moved the Sabre up to the top of the build list!
RonV

WoodyG

Bill, Another great piece of work. Sorry you missed the show,you would have definetly had a couple of winners! See you Sunday, woody g.

Lee_K

Looks great Bill!  What's with the gold fan spinner on the starboard engine?

Hey Tracy, Ryan, Ron, and Ronnie: look at this!  A Most Improved Modeler award kit actually built!

Lee K

Bill L2

I finished up the A-10 this week and wanted to post some photos. Hope you like it. Thanks to ES for purchasing the kit for me. I liked this kit and would build another one. I wanted to do a sharkmouth jet but I messed up the decals so I went with the more basic decals.