RDUCON

Started by Ryan K, Sat 05/14/11 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgriffin

Great show, guys. We had a GREAT turnout of EAGLE Squadron members both Friday and Saturday. Ryan oversaw set-up on Friday afternoon, and it was all done by 5:00 p.m.! So big Kudos to Ryan and the Friday crew. Matt C., Ben, Bill L2, Dave, and others I know were there but it's all become a blur: My apologies for not remembering every person.

Great work on registration, so kudos to Steve P and all the folks up front: Ron, Bill L2, Dave, and others.

The judging went very smoothly, so kudos to Lee K. for keeping it all on track, and to all of the judging teams and head judges.

Thanks to Jon and Susan Emery for running the raffle.

Big, big Kudos to Bill Leary, Tony, and Ryan for sorting out Mike Mittenzwei's kits and really helping out his estate. Wheeler-dealer Bill and sidekicks Ronnie and Ben sold every single kit by the end of the day Saturday: Simply awesome. (And a big personal "thank you" to Bill for giving up an earmarked Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire IX to me from the estate: I am ecstatic to be the owner of one of those kits.)

Great job by the early Saturday crew to finish set-up and get vendors squared away, including Chris R. with the table coverings and Steve P. putting up signs on 401 (and bringing donuts and coffee!).

Assuming we came out ahead financially, the contest can only be regarded as a resounding success.

Cheers,

Lee G.

Anthony Leger

Saying of the day went to Bill O.... for every model I complete I can buy ten more

Priceless :)

Anthony Leger

Thanks Woody for making Rudy the P-51 a real nice gesture. He was talking about it at the show to me too... :)

Bill L2

Yep. That was an outstanding show and my hat goes off to the ES leadership cadre and club members. ES can put on a show! I must say the judging and awards were flawless. Special thanks to Woody for giving Rudy the P-51. He loved that airplane and talked about it all the way home. The models on display were just amazing. Some of the best kits I have seen.

Joe M

Awesome show guys! There didn't seem to be a dull moment from setup all the way through to tear down! KT and I had fun - I somehow managed to double my stash (am up to 12 now for those wondering  8) )

Here's a link to some pictures that I took, I tried to take as many as I could...

http://photobucket.com/RDUCON2011/

Ryan K

Quote from: ClydeM on Sun 05/15/11 02:29 PM
a big round of applause to Ryan K. clyde

Thanks Clyde but others like Matt C really helped out and made a big difference moving tables and helping the vendors and running the elevator. Props to Joe and Katie (helping with the tables and a bunch of other things). Tony for doing all those awards. Plus all the other folks that did things that I can't remember or didn't see that made the show a huge success.

ClydeM

a big round of applause to Ryan K. clyde

Anthony Leger

Thank you everyone for helping to make the show a fun filled event.  There were some great looking models, lots of people milling about talking and sharing. Vendors seemed happy and we helped out Mike M's estate.

Well done folks :)

Ryan K

Hey guys thanks for all the help. Couldn't have happened with out all the extra support.