White Freightliner COE/AMT Second Time Around kit

Started by Bill L2, Thu 08/15/13 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgriffin

Very nice, Bill! That looks great. As noted by others, very nice color choice and execution.

Cheers,

Lee G.

Bill L2

Quote from: Ryan K on Mon 10/21/13 04:49 PM
Bill,

Liked the trailer. In case you can't find a backhoe or tractor, how about another rig on the low boy. I saw a semi wrecker working on a rig with two rigs on a trailer today made me think of it.

Thanks Ryan. Good idea. Glad you liked the trailer. I think I will weather it up a little. Maybe some stains on the deck and some paint chipping. I will try to find something to put on the lowboy. I like this tractor on e-bay. Good price but seven bids already. I will check out Fayetville maybe the vendors will have something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-Caterpillar-Bulldozer-D8H-Super-Detailed-1-25-Scale-Model-350-Parts-/251361624499?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3a865201b3

Ryan K

Bill,

Liked the trailer. In case you can't find a backhoe or tractor, how about another rig on the low boy. I saw a semi wrecker working on a rig with two rigs on a trailer today made me think of it.

Bill L2

Quote from: Bill L. on Mon 08/19/13 04:32 PM
Looks great Bill,  but does it 'Transform' ??  LOL - Really does look great!

Bill L.

Good one Bill. It almost transformed one night when I about chucked it against the wall :)

Anthony Leger

Ronv

I have seen commercial trucks "dirtied up" at contests before, and they just don't look right (my opinion only!). The only things I would suggest are the slight blueing of the chrome exhausts, grease on the trailer ball receiving plate, and a little bit of dirt on the inside of the mud flaps. Owner/operators tend to keep their rigs clean, I know we had to wash them at the end of every day.
RonV

Bill L.

Looks great Bill,  but does it 'Transform' ??  LOL - Really does look great!

Bill L.

Bill L2

Bill L2

Thanks Ron. Yeah I was talking to Ryan the other day and got to thinking I need to weather it up some. Maybe some slight dusting with the airbrush.

Ronv

Can't wait to see your next truck build!

I'll have to look through my stash and see what I have in the way of trucks. I was working on collecting them a year or so ago. I still have the snow plow in progress, and maybe I'll pull it back out for the Old Dominion contest 2014.

I think one of the trickiest things about paint a truck is trying to get the slight blueing effect on the chrome smoke stacks. I saw a youtube video from some Japanese builder who did that very nicely on motorcyle chrome exhausts.

RonV

Bill L2

Thats awesome Ron. I drove a Mack and a Kenworth concrete mixer and was training on the transfer dump trucks when I got out of the Army. I did this for about 6 months and then I hired on with DOJ. I really enjoyed that job. Very stress free! I plan on building another big rig. I am looking at the Moebius Prostar or Lonestar coupled with their 53ft Reefer van.

Ronv

Looks great Bill L2!! Nice choice for the colors.

I drove the single rear axle version of the Frieghtliner during my college days hauling tomatoes out of farmers fields in central California. These rigs were a lot of fun to drive!

RonV

Ryan K

Looking good Bill. Look forward to seeing it in person.