IPMS Eagle Squadron is proud to present RDUCON2024 Jan 27th. The show and contest is held at the American Legion Post 116 located in Fuquay-Varina, NC. The show will run from 9am until 5pm. We have 2 buildings for the event: building 1 (left) for the main contest and right next door building 2 (right) as a separate space available for vendors.
RDUCON 2024 is featuring 3 special themes this year:
- D-Day 80th Anniversary (Any Country, Any Army, Any Navy, Any Air Forces, Any Coast Guard involved in the D-Day Invasion)
- Ford Mustang 60th Anniversary (Any year, Any Model)
- Space The Final Frontier (Real Space, Sci-Fi, Fantasy eligible)
Forms and Pricing
Unlike past shows, this event has no restrictions on the number of models that you can enter.
- $15 For the first 5 models
- $1 for each model after the first 5
Contest Rules and Eligibility
- No Sweeps rule is in effect. A unique winner will be selected within each category for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards.
- ELIGIBILITY All entrants must be registered. Absentee entries will be accepted if registered under the builders name – registration fees apply. All entries must be the sole work of the builder listed on the entry form. Membership in IPMS/USA is not required. The contest is open to all models except those that have won any award at an IPMS National Convention, or a 1st place in a IPMS Regional Convention or are Factory assembled & finished (i.e. die-cast collector cars & trucks, aircraft, armor, figures, etc.)
- GUIDELINES Pre-painted entries will be allowed ONLY in the junior categories. Modelers of any age may enter any category except those designated for juniors. Entrants in Junior Categories are for modelers 17 years and under only. No nude or lewd models. The Head Judge may exclude/remove any entry considered to be inappropriate or offensive. No one will be allowed to enter the contest area prior to registering ALL their entries. Reasonably sized bases are allowed in all categories, but will not be judged.
- CATEGORY SELECTION The Entrant will determine the category of each of their entries. If there is doubt as to the appropriate category, the Registrar may provide assistance. A model can only be entered into a single category. At the time of judging, the Head Judge will make the final decision if changes are necessary. All decisions of the judges are final. Attempts to influence the judges will result in immediate disqualification from all categories entered. No judge may rule on a category in which they are entered. Out-of-the-Box (OOB) entries MUST include kit plans with entry.
- OUT OF BOX ELIGIBILITY
- Kit’s instruction sheet or photocopy of such MUST accompany the entry (placed under entry form). Instructions on any electronic device are NOT acceptable.
- Any commercially available kit may be used. Any parts provided in the kit may be used, regardless of their material (i.e., brass, resin, plastic, etc.). Generally, only parts that are included with the kit and found in the bag or box may be used.
- All finishing techniques are allowed. Decals other than those included with the kit may be used. Insignia, markings, and instrument panels may be hand-painted. Weathering is permitted.
- The modeler may fill seams, and gaps; sand off rivets; drill out gun ports, exhaust pipes, or other appropriate openings; thin to scale such parts as trailing edges, flaps, and doors; re-scribe panel lines lost in construction; and add rigging and antennas; or cut/open kit canopies. Tape or paper belts are permitted but seat belt buckles must
be made of paper or tape.
- It is NOT permitted to: vacuum-form, manufacture, or replace any part, or substitute parts from another kit; cut or separate surfaces, hatches, doors, etc. (no major surgery); combine a standard kit with a conversion kit; or add anything other than specified on the instruction sheet.
- INAPPROPRIATE ENTRIES In keeping with the newly adopted standard by IPMS USA, the Chief Judge will exclude/remove from competition any entry considered by Contest officials to be inappropriate or offensive to generally acknowledged standards of taste and acceptability. The following are prohibited in competition and may not be placed on display:
- There shall be no depiction of excretory functions depicting any human being or animal.
- There shall be no depiction of sadomasochistic activity, equipment, settings or situations, to any degree, regardless of whether there are figures in the model and regardless of whether any figures present in the model are clothed.
- There shall be no depictions of explicit sexual conduct, bilateral or autoerotic, regardless of degree and regardless of the clothing-status of the participants that involves the touching of the breasts or genitals or other erogenous zones of any depicted figure.
- There shall be no depiction of any nude human male or female figures where the genitalia of the figure are exposed where the clear intent of the same is to portray a sexual scene.
- DISCLAIMER Although accidents can happen, reasonable care and security will be applied to the material on display. IPMS, IPMS Eagle Squadron, Judges, and the American Legion assume NO liability for lost, stolen or damaged items.
Below are the categories for RDUCON 2024. Note: Additional categories may be created prior to contest at the discretion of the contest committee and will be listed below. Head judge reserves the right to create limited category splits.
1A Single / Multi Engine Prop / Jet 1/144 and smaller all
1B Single / Multi Engine Prop 1/72 – 1/76
1C Single / Multi Engine Jet 1/72 – 1/76
1D Single Engine Prop 1/48
1E Single Engine Jet 1/48
1F Multi Engine Prop 1/48
1G Multi Engine Jet 1/48
1H Single / Multi Engine Prop 1/32 and larger
1I Single / Multi Engine Jet 1/32 and larger
1J Rotary Wing all scales
1K Civilian all scales
1L Biplane / Rigged all scales
1M Out of Box
2A Closed top AFV / Open Top AFV / Soft Skin / Wheeled / Tracked 1/16 and larger
2B Closed Top AFV 1/35
2C Open Top AFV 1/35 (interior judged)
2D Closed Top AFV 1/48
2E Open Top AFV 1/48 (interior judged)
2F Closed Top AFV 1/72 and smaller
2G Open Top AFV 1/72 and smaller (interior judged)
2H Wheeled / Tracked Soft Skin all scales
2I Artillery all scales (including prime mover)
2J Out of Box
3A Oar and Sail all scales
3B Powered 1/350 and larger Military
3C Powered 1/351 and smaller Military
3D Submarines all scales
3E Civilian all scales
3F Out of Box
4A Showroom Stock all scales
4B Street Rods (1959 and older) all scales
4C Street Machines (1960 and newer) all scales
4D Slammers / Curbside all scales
4E Open Wheel Competition all scales
4F Closed Wheel Competition all scales
4G Rust / Dust / Rat Rods all scales
4H Motorcycles all scales
4I Trucks, Civilian, Light Commercial 4 Wheels or Less all scales
4J Trucks Heavy Commercial, Construction 4 Wheels or more all scales
4K Small Scale 1/32 and smaller all types
4L Out of Box
Real Space / Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Gundams
5A Real Space all types, all scales
5B Movie Space —— Star Wars, Star Trek, Space 1999, Battle Star Galactica all types, all
5C Sci-Fi all types, all scales
5D Fantasy all types, all scales
5E Gundams 1/144 All Grades, all models
5F Gundams 1/100 All Grades, all models
5G Gundams 1/60 All Grades, all models
5H Mecha / Maschinen Krueger all types, all scales
6A Dismounted all scales, all types
6B Mounted all scales, all types
6C Busts all scales, all types
6D Animals / Dinosaurs all scales all types
7 All Subjects, limited to 12”x12” size
8A All Ages, all types, all scales
8B Legos all ages, all types, all scales
9A All types, all scales not represented in any other category
9B Humor in modeling all scales
9C Collections (5 or more models)
9D Triathlon (3 models from 3 different categories)
9E 3-D Printed all scales, all subjects
Our contest flyer can be downloaded RDUCon2024